WeatherFlow Bluetooth Weather Meter for Smartphones Android or iPhone
The WeatherFlow WEATHER Meter is the first Bluetooth® Smart portable weather station under $100 that syncs up to Smart phones and devices so you can record, share, and save all the weather data you could need. Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod, and all major Android devices.
The WeatherFlow WEATHER Meter is the first of its kind by a US-based manufacturer, having been engineered here then calibrated at the University of Florida's Aerospace Engineering Department as an amazingly-priced followup to their very popular WIND meter for phones and other smart devices. You know WeatherFlow from their Wind Meters already, but also iKitesurf.com, iWindsurf.com, Wind Alert, SailFlow, FishWeather. Needless to say, they've been around, they know windmeters, and this revolutionary product with Bluetooth® Smart technology is no exception to their goal to view and share live-action weather around the world with a great product at an affordable price.
The WEATHER Meter works with a FREE App for your mobile iOS or Android devices recording and saving many measurements for instant sharing or future viewing:
- Wind speed (average, gust, apparent, true)
- Wind direction (magnetic and true)
- Location of reading
- Crosswind and headwind/tailwind
- Temperature with dew point and relative humidity
- Heat index, wind chill, and more
- Wireless up to 100 ft. range (Bluetooth® Smart / High Energy Efficiency)
- Handheld or attached to standard 1/4" (1/4 -20) camera mounts
- Share on-site reports instantly with WeatherFlow, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Email, Vine, etc.
- Precision readings with several unit options per measurement type
- Comes in rugged storage case with 2 adapters: one for sticking in the headphone jack, another with a ring for tying it onto a line.
To estimate shipping outside of the USA,
1. Put the item in your cart and checkout as if you are going to purchase.
2. Before you commit to buy or pay anything, you will enter your address and choose a shipping option
3. You can then see the prices for various shipping options.
4. Items shipped outside of the USA must be paid for through PayPal.
Used for wildland firefighting
Posted by Carl on 9th Jul 2019
I received my WeatherFlow Weathermeter a couple of days ago. Shipped fast, and best price in the market right now. I am a firefighter in Washington state, and on wildfires, it is imperative that I have good accurate weather immediately.
I have tested this Weathermeter in non-fire conditions and it has worked perfectly each time. I cross referenced the data from the meter with NOAA weather data, and they are extremely close.
Wind, Temperature and Dewpoint are the 3 critical elements in determining Red Flag conditions, and all three data points were accurate.
I have not tested the Weathermeter in field conditions yet, but will post further reviews if AKB will permit me to do so.
BOTTOM LINE: for the price and the accuracy, you cannot beat this meter for either work or sports!