2020 Cabrinha Switchblade 12m Blue
2020 Cabrinha Switchblade Kiteboarding 12m Kite. For whatever reason, 2020 kites are coming in very slowly. Grab this one while you can.
Performance Freeride / Big Air
Sizes: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14
5 strut, Hybrid design, Fusion wing tip shape, Draft forward profile.
The discerning rider who values unrivaled predictability and uncompromising high end performance. For those that want style, power, performance and craftsmanship.
If there is one kite that completely defines the essence of kiteboarding... it's the Switchblade.
The Switchblade's reputation for being the world's highest performance freeride kite not only comes from the thousands of customers who hail its praise, but from its long heritage of competition wins and records broken.
But what's most amazing about the Switchblade is that all this performance comes in one of the easiest to use packages. Its balance and power delivery make this kite light to the touch and simple to fly. Whether you are working on your freestyle game or testing your limits in getting incredible air, the Switchblade will deliver with a class of predictability and reliability that can not be found anywhere else.
Features and Benefits
- NEW Nano Ripstop canopy, the new bench mark in durability, stability & responsiveness. A higher level of performance can only be achieved when the kite's design properties are supported by a stable and reactive kite material. Nano Ripstop does just that.
- NEW Optimized Dacron layout for reduced weight & improved handling characteristics.
- High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability. Our Dacron is specifically designed for inflated kite structures. The construction of this material is very warp oriented using ultra high tenacity yarns with an increased thread count to combat elongation in the warp direction under high inflation pressures. Lower elongation makes for a more accurate kite with less deformation while in flight.
- Skeletal Frame Provides the structure that keeps the kite design true to its intended shape while in-flight. The stable frame drives the kite through turbulence with a minimal amount of deformation and has excellent overall de-power. The inflated leading edge introduces the laminar flow of air across the kite’s Pure Profile panels, for a quick recovery if stalled and prevents the kite folding on itself. The inflatable structure reduces the amount of bridling required for stability. It also provides safety by providing some flotation in the water, and enables easy re-launch.
- Aspect Ratio A long, narrow wing generally has a high aspect ratio, whereas a short, stubby wing has a low aspect ratio. A high aspect ratio design makes the kite fly forward and point upwind incredibly well. The lower the aspect ratio design is more responsive and provides a consistent and stable pull.
- 1X Security Upon activation of 1X's single line flagging system the power of a kite is immediately killed and it will rest motionless on the water or land.
- Sprint System w/ Airlock The Sprint inflation systems is the most efficient and easy way to get your kite inflated and deflated quickly. The enlarged Airlock valve quickly feeds air into all of the struts from a single location. The Airlock connection to the Sprint pump requires no special adapters. Once inflated, you can lock off each strut independently to keep your kite's rigid frame, and isolate any accidental strut deflation from the rest of the kite. When the session is over, the entire kite will deflate in seconds thanks to the Airlock valve's large dump feature.
- Dynamic Arc Dynamic arc allows the kite to have two distinct arc shapes. The arc of the kite takes on one shape while flying, and another shape while in resting mode on the water. While resting on the water the arc opens up slightly to facilitate an easier relaunch.
- Power Control Every Cabrinha kite comes with a simple, user adjustable way to choose the power level of the kite. Each rear line "pig tail" connector has three power positions you can connect to. The middle position is the factory recommended position. However, the user can choose to create more power by connecting the knot closest to the kite, or less power by connecting to the knot closest to the rider.
- Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas.
- Pure profile panels for efficient aerodynamics. The strategically placed panels provide ultimate control over the aerodynamic profiles in the kite. Smooth and stable profile entry. Improved overall kite efficiency, performance, and range. Faster flying through the sky giving you a broader range of performance.
- Ultimate performance in the widest range of conditions and variety of riding styles
- Ridiculously high hang times
- Large sweet spot and smooth on demand power control
- Excellent upwind performance
- Swept leading edge for effortless relaunch
- IKA Registered for sizes 7, 9 & 11: This product is registered with the IKA for Formula Kite Racing and can be used for the Youth Olympic Games and its qualifier events.
If there is one kite that completely defines the essence of kiteboarding… it’s the Switchblade, the most sold kite in the industry. For 2020 the Switchblade celebrates its 14th birthday with the new Nano ripstop canopy, which gives the kite a big upgrade in performance and durability. The Switchblade’s reputation for being the world’s highest performance freeride kite not only comes from the thousands of customers who hail its praise, but from its long heritage of competition wins and records broken.
2020 Switchbla...If there is one kite that completely defines the essence of ki...